From start up to scale up, your success is our only goal.
Since 1995, WESK has helped thousands of women start, purchase and expand their businesses. Now, we’re taking an even bolder approach focused on innovation and excellence. We’re stepping up our training, engaging with great partners, and bringing you even more resources to generate success.
As a non-profit, membership-based organization, we keep our services affordable — and many are FREE! The return, however, is priceless. Join us!
All Saskatchewan entrepreneurs have an equal opportunity to achieve success and recognition.
To close the gender entrepreneurship gap through economic and social empowerment of women in Saskatchewan.
People – We care. We collaborate. We embrace the power of community
Spark – We ignite passion. We seize opportunities. We are catalysts for change.
Aspire – We dream big. We lead. We make an impact.
Bold – We ask “why not?” We see possibilities. We act despite fear. We. Are. Resilient.
Meet the WESK Team!
Helping people follow their dreams of business ownership is a privilege and a pleasure. We’re here to do everything we can to support you! Meet the Team
WESK Board of Directors
The Board of Directors of WESK invites its membership to nominate individuals for election to the board. Elections take place anually at the Annual General Meeting to be held during our Annual Business Conference. The Board of Directors has been structured to consist of a minimum of three (3) Directors and a maximum of ten (10) Directors from across Saskatchewan. To ensure consistency on the board, members are elected to a two-year term and can serve a maximum of three consecutive terms. To submit a nomination: Please check back in early spring. Criteria for Board Members:
- You may nominate yourself or another full member
- Must be a Regular Member of the Corporation at least 15 days prior to the election
- Should ideally have Board/corporate governance experience
- Should possess an entrepreneurial spirit, have a proven track record as a leader and have cultural awareness
- Must be willing to attend up to 7 meetings per year
- Must be willing to serve on a committee of the Board
- Must not have been employed by WESK in the last 24 months
- Must not be a current loan client of WESK
- Must meet the additional criteria set out in any relevant policy statements or policy manual as determined by the Board from time to time
- Preference will be given to candidates who contribute any one of the following capacities to our board: Indigenous perspective, legal, visible minority perspective or representation from outside of Regina/Saskatoon
View our Annual Reports
Interested in seeing what we’ve been up to? View our Annual Reports
JOB AD: REGIONAL MANAGER (REGINA)
WESK is a non-profit organization that has helped thousands of women start, purchase and expand their businesses. We are focused on innovation and excellence and are stepping up our training, engaging with great partners, and bringing our clients even more resources to generate success. Moving forward we are transforming many of our offerings to the virtual world, so we are looking to implement a new technology platform to deliver our programming on-line.
Our priority is supporting women throughout Saskatchewan to achieve their entrepreneurial goals. With invaluable advising and support, one-of-a-kind training opportunities, and a distinct and supportive financing program, WESK is dedicated to guiding clients on their entrepreneurial journey. From start up to success, WESK means business! We are seeking a Regional Manager to lead our team in Regina and contribute to our provincial objectives.
About the Position
About the position:
Reporting to the CEO, as the Regional Manager you lead a team to develop and deliver effective programming and services to support women entrepreneurs. You act as a resource for regional business advisors and lead the planning and development of projects and programs provincially.
- Participate in strategic planning and lead the implementation of the identified goals and priorities
- Assess client business plans for market and financial viability and make recommendations for loan applications
- Lead the planning and development of specific programs and support implementation provincially
- Lead projects; specifically, the move to a new technology platform and virtual delivery of our programming
- Actively represent WESK at community and business events
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in business or related discipline
- Post graduate degree such as an MBA is an asset
- 5+ years’ experience working with businesses in a professional services capacity
- 5+ years’ experience in program/project management
- 3+ years’ experience leading a team
- Ability to facilitate workshops and training sessions
- Knowledge of technology platforms and experience with implementation and virtual program delivery is an asset
- Effective computer skills (MS Office)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
If you enjoy a dynamic and collaborative work environment, where you directly impact client success, please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about the position, please contact Lori at 306-477-7173.