From start up to scale up, your success is our only goal.
Since 1995, WESK has helped thousands of women start, purchase and expand their businesses. Now, we’re taking an even bolder approach focused on innovation and excellence. We’re stepping up our training, engaging with great partners, and bringing you even more resources to generate success.
As a non-profit, membership-based organization, we keep our services affordable — and many are FREE! The return, however, is priceless. Join us!
All Saskatchewan entrepreneurs have an equal opportunity to achieve success and recognition.
To close the gender entrepreneurship gap through economic and social empowerment of women in Saskatchewan.
People – We care. We collaborate. We embrace the power of community
Spark – We ignite passion. We seize opportunities. We are catalysts for change.
Aspire – We dream big. We lead. We make an impact.
Bold – We ask “why not?” We see possibilities. We act despite fear. We. Are. Resilient.
Meet the WESK Team!
Helping people follow their dreams of business ownership is a privilege and a pleasure. We’re here to do everything we can to support you!
WESK Board of Directors
The Board of Directors of WESK invites its membership to nominate individuals for election to the board. Elections take place anually at the Annual General Meeting to be held during our Annual Business Conference.
The Board of Directors has been structured to consist of a minimum of three (3) Directors and a maximum of ten (10) Directors from across Saskatchewan. To ensure consistency on the board, members are elected to a two-year term and can serve a maximum of three consecutive terms.
To submit a nomination:
Please check back in early spring.
Criteria for Board Members
- You may nominate yourself or another full member
- Must be a Regular Member of the Corporation at least 15 days prior to the election
- Should ideally have Board/corporate governance experience
- Should possess an entrepreneurial spirit, have a proven track record as a leader and have cultural awareness
- Must be willing to attend up to 7 meetings per year
- Must be willing to serve on a committee of the Board
- Must not have been employed by WESK in the last 24 months
- Must not be a current loan client of WESK
- Must meet the additional criteria set out in any relevant policy statements or policy manual as determined by the Board from time to time
- Preference will be given to candidates who contribute any one of the following capacities to our board: Indigenous perspective, legal, visible minority perspective or representation from outside of Regina/Saskatoon
View our Annual Report
Interested in seeing what we’ve been up to? Check out our Annual Reports below!
Join Our Team
Senior Business Advisor
WESK is a non-profit organization that has helped thousands of women start, purchase and expand their businesses. Now, we’re taking an even bolder approach focused on innovation and excellence. We’re stepping up our training, engaging with great partners, and bringing our clients even more resources to generate success.
Our priority is supporting women throughout Saskatchewan to achieve their entrepreneurial goals. With invaluable advising and support, one-of-a-kind training opportunities, and a distinct and supportive financing program, WESK is dedicated to guiding clients on their entrepreneurial journey. From start up to success, WESK means business!
WESK has recently created The Exchange, an exciting new program that will focus on equipping women entrepreneurs with tools to grow their business to the next level. This interactive program will group participants into cohorts to help them develop as business owners through skills development, mentorship and advisory support, and networking and relationship building. We are seeking a Senior Business Advisor to join our team in Regina.
About the position:
As a Senior Business Advisor, you will build momentum around women entrepreneurship in Saskatchewan and identify entrepreneurs to participate in The Exchange program. Your goals are to increase the number of women-owned businesses, help them to scale up, and support an engaging mentoring and learning network. You are adept at developing relationships with entrepreneurs and are committed to their success. As an active member of the business community, you are connected to many different networks and can tap into expert resources to help entrepreneurs with the services they require to succeed. With a strong understanding of the stages of business growth, your role will include assisting with market research, sales projections, workforce and operational planning, and financial analysis and reporting, all to ensure business plan viability and business sustainability. In addition to providing on-on-one coaching, you will also facilitate workshops and mentoring circles.
· 5-10+ years’ experience working with businesses in a professional services capacity
· Post-secondary degree/diploma in a business or related discipline
· An MBA would be considered an asset
· Experience with business planning, business development and growth
· Ability to analyze financial statements and provide insight
· Ability to develop strong working relationships with clients
Applicants with less experience than above are still encouraged to apply and will be considered for the Business Advisor position. Salary will be based on corresponding experience and education.
If you enjoy a dynamic and collaborative work environment, where you directly impact client success, please email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday October 16th.