WESK’s COVID-19 Response
At WESK, we recognize that the current situation has a significant impact on small business owners. We are working to do all we can to minimize the impact of COVID-19 and support our clients during this period of uncertainty. Our offices might be closed for now, but we’re still open for business. Here’s what we’re up to:
- Complimentary WESK memberships for the month of April and May ($125 value)
- Our business advisors are (remotely) here for you. Reach out – it’s included with your complimentary membership.
- We have new payment solutions for our loan clients.
- Webinar Wednesdays – We’re offering free webinars every week.
- Looking for human connection? Shaken with a Twist and Uncorked have gone virtual.
- From on-demand webinars to blog posts, our Small Business Resources page is packed with information to help you succeed.
- We’re constantly updating this page with the latest COVID-19 information, resources, and tips for small business owners.
- On July 16, WESK launched it’s Regional Relief and Recovery Fund, supported by Western Economic Diversification. Loans of up to $40,000 are available through WESK to address COVID-19 impacts on short-term stability.
More details are below.
The well-being of our community is at the forefront of all our decisions. We wish you and your loved ones the best during this difficult time. From all of us at WESK, be well and be safe.
Meet with an Advisor (Remotely)
Whether you are considering a loan or just need business advice, we encourage you to book an appointment with a business advisor to discuss further. All appointments will be conducted via phone or video conference at this time. If you have an advisor, reach out to them directly. If you don’t, follow the steps below.
Booking your Appointment
During the month of May, you can book an appointment with one of our advisors at no cost by signing up for a WESK membership ($125 value). As this initiative is to provide support during COVID-19, it is not retro-active and does not apply for renewals of memberships that expire after May 31.
- Sign up for a WESK membership (Free for the month of May!)
- Visit your Dashboard and submit the “Request for Business Advising” form
- We will contact you within 3 days to arrange an appointment
Solutions for WESK Loan Clients
WESK is committed to helping our clients through this difficult time and is providing reprieve for our loan clients. If you currently have a loan with us, please see below for your options. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any concerns or questions around your loan during this time.
Existing Loan Clients
To help free up working capital for the months of April, May and June, WESK loan clients will have the option of interest-only payments for those three months, and then reassess after that time. For those who wish to continue with your current loan payment structure, it will be withdrawn as scheduled.
Please send your request directly to Jodi MacMillan at firstname.lastname@example.org to make the arrangements.
New Loan Clients
Option 1: You may take advantage of a 6-month period between the time your loan is approved and when the funds must be disbursed. This additional flexibility will allow new loan clients the time to decide whether to continue with their original plans for their business.
Option 2: Upon the disbursement of funds, we are also offering the option to take advantage of interest-only payments for up to 6 months. For those who wish to continue with your current loan payment structure, it will be withdrawn as scheduled.
Please send your request directly to Grace Lam at email@example.com to make the arrangements.
WESK Training and Events
We’re committed to helping you get through this pandemic. Whether you’re looking to learn or you’re craving some human connection, we’ve got something for you. If it’s education you’re after, register for our weekly live webinars or visit our Small Business Resources page. If you’re looking to connect, be sure to sign-up for our monthly virtual Shaken with a Twist or Uncorked “networking” events.
Webinar Wednesdays with WESK
Join us every Wednesday for a new live WESK Webinar!
Small Business Resources Page
Looking for information to help you in your small business? Or maybe you’re still debating if entrepreneurship is right for you. Regardless of what you’re after, we’re here to help!
Our resources page is a one-stop shop for anything related to entrepreneurship and small business, and includes blog posts, recorded webinars, videos, and templates for variety of topics.
Have you been to Shaken with a Twist in Saskatoon or Uncorked in Regina? Now’s your chance! We’re bringing you these two signature networking events virtually!
Each month, WESK features a local entrepreneur or business professional over some casual couch conversation. Join us as we chat with some of the boldest business women & leaders in our Saskatchewan community!
Affected WESK Events
WESK is implementing changes to our events to mitigate the risk of COVID-19 in our community. Please see below for a list of affected events. Please note the following:
- The Exchange Information Sessions – postponed.
- WESK Meets – cancelled until further notice.
- Shaken with a Twist and Uncorked – offered virtually.
- Training workshops, including Business Growth Luncheons and Business Plan Basics – delivered as webinars.
- 25th Anniversary Gala & Conference – postponed until September 30th & October 1, 2020
COVID-19 for Small Business Owners
An up-to-date and growing list of COVID-19 information, training, and resources for small business owners.
WESK's Regional Relief and Recovery Fund
The Regional Relief and Recovery Fund was announced by the Government of Canada to provide financial support directly to small and medium-sized women-owned businesses. Loans of up to $40,000 are available through WESK to address COVID-19 impacts on short-term stability.
This access to financing will support small enterprises that are unable to access larger federal relief funding programs, or unable to obtain a loan/credit from traditional financial institutions, and that are struggling with working capital needs.
Emergency Funding for Small Businesses
Banks and Credit Unions
COVID-19 Information & Resources
Municipal Information & Utilities
COVID-19 Small Business Tips - Blog and Webinar Resources
COVID-19 & Mental Heath
Business & Work Related