Celebrate with us! Join us for our first ever virtual Small Business Conference, presented by Conexus Credit Union. From September 28 – October 2, 2020, WESK will be hosting a variety of virtual events throughout the week to celebrate 25 years.
Limited tickets are available! We’ve already sold out once, but now have increased capacity – save your seat before we sell out again!
Monday, September 28
25th Anniversary Kickoff | 3:00pm – 4:30pm
- Welcome and remarks from WESK CEO Prabha Mitchell
- A Celebration of Achievement – Honouring Katherine Regnier, CEO, Coconut Software with WESK’s Celebration of Achievement Award
- Jewels of Saskatchewan Panel
Panel: Jewels of Saskatchewan
Join WESK for a virtual panel discussion with three established female entrepreneurs from our home province of Saskatchewan. Panelists:
- Rachel Mielke, CEO and Founder, Hillberg & Berk
- Jess Tetu, Owner, Just For You Day Spas
- Devon Fiddler, Founder, SheNative
- Krista Moe, Owner of Shellbrook Pharmacy
Tuesday, September 29
Workshop: Website UX: Techniques to Build a Strong Online Experience | 10:00am – 12:00pm
This workshop will dive into the importance of understanding who you are targeting online, what the relevant content required to make strategic website decisions is, where to look for information to help in the creation of a strong online presence, and how you go about jumping into the website process from sitemap to launch, and onward.
Presented by: Katie Osborne, Interactive Account Planner, Bravo Tango
Panel: Champions for Change | 3:00pm – 4:00pm
Join WESK for an insightful panel discussion featuring established male entrepreneurs and leaders that have been huge advocates for women entrepreneurs in Saskatchewan.
- Eric Dillon, CEO, Conexus Credit Union
- Murad Al-Katib, President and CEO, AGT Food and Ingredients Inc.
- Thomas Benjoe, President and CEO, FHQ Developments
Wednesday, September 30
Workshop: A Taste of Brené Brown: The Four Skills of Courageous Leaders | 3:00pm – 5:00pm
This session will provide you with a taste of Brené Brown’s book Dare to Lead. We will explore the skills of vulnerability, values, trust and resilience – all of which are required to be a courageous leader.
Presented by: Kellie Garrett, PCC, ICD.D
Thursday, October 1
Workshop: Brand Storytelling and Creating an Audience | 3:00pm – 5:00pm
Learn how to apply the fundamentals of storytelling and their brand counterparts to your business strategy. Telling a story is the only effective way to connect your brand with consumers. Don’t fall into the trap of posting to social media as one-way dialogue or merely broadcasting promotions. Create compelling stories that hook your audience.
Presented by: Nykea Behiel, Director of Marketing, Rock & Bloom
Friday, October 2
Panel: Venture Capitalist | 10:00am – 11:00am
Join WESK for a stimulating and informative panel discussion as we learn from three local venture capitalists. Our panelists will share their thoughts on the current venture capitalist landscape in our province and discuss what women entrepreneurs must consider to secure venture capitalist support. Panelists:
- Eric Clark, COO and Partner, PFM Capital Inc.
- Jason Drummond, President, Drummond Group of Companies
- Laurie Dmytryshym, Chief of Equity Investment, PIC Investment Group Inc.