Small Business Conference
Celebrate with us!
Join us for our first ever virtual Small Business Conference, presented by Conexus Credit Union.
From September 28 – October 2, 2020, WESK will be hosting a variety of virtual events throughout the week to celebrate 25 years. Registration for these events is free – we hope to see you there!
Monday, September 28
25th Anniversary Kickoff | 3:00pm – 4:30pm
- Welcome and remarks from WESK CEO Prabha Mitchell
- A Celebration of Achievement – Honouring Katherine Regnier, CEO of Coconut Software with WESK’s Celebration of Achievement Award
- Jewels of Saskatchewan Panel
Spotlight: Jewels of Saskatchewan Panel
Join WESK for a virtual panel discussion with three established female entrepreneurs from our home province of Saskatchewan.
- Jess Tetu, Owner of Just For You Day Spas
- Devon Fiddler, Founder of SheNative
- Krista Moe, Owner of Shellbrook Pharmacy
Tuesday, September 29
Champions for Change Panel | 3:00pm-4:00pm
Join WESK for an insightful panel discussion featuring established male entrepreneurs and leaders that have been huge advocates for women entrepreneurs in Saskatchewan.
- Eric Dillion, CEO, Conexus Credit Union
- Murad Al-Katib, President and CEO, AGT Food and Ingredients Inc.
- Thomas Benjoe, President and CEO, FHQ Developments
Wednesday, September 30
Workshop – A Taste of Brené Brown: The Four Skills of Courageous Leaders | 3:00pm – 5:00pm
This session will provide you with a taste of Brené Brown’s book Dare to Lead. We will explore the skills of vulnerability, values, trust and resilience – all of which are required to be a courageous leader.
- Presented by: Kellie Garrett, PCC, ICD.D
Friday, October 2
Venture Capitalist Panel | 10:00am – 11:00am
Join WESK for a stimulating and informative panel discussion as we learn from three local venture capitalists. Our panelists will share their thoughts on the current venture capitalist landscape in our province and discuss what women entrepreneurs must consider to secure venture capitalist support.
- Eric Clark, CEO and Partner, PFM Capital Inc.
- Jason Drummond, President, Drummond Group of Companies
- Laurie Dmytryshym, Chief of Equity Investment, PIC Investment Group Inc.